-
March 15th, 2000, 06:39 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I have not used any of my super 8 cameras since 1995 and was wondering how difficult it is to find and develop and how much it cost to buy and develop a k464 super 8 movie cartridge? Is it still getting increasingly difficult to get the cartridges and develop them? thanks
-
March 17th, 2000, 05:33 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I'm not sure, since I got back into Super-8 in 1997 after 15 years away from the medium, but it might even be easier to get film now than it was in 1995. That's because you can now order the stuff directly from Kodak, which I'm not so sure was so easy for end-consumers five years ago.
It takes a few days longer to get the Kodachrome stuff processed than before, now that Kodak has stopped developing it in Dallas and has moved that operation to Switzerland. Still, it's not too bad.
You'll need to decide on a lab for the other stocks, but there are many. Unless you live in a big city, you'll have to mail your stuff out and wait for those little reels of wonder to come back to your mailbox with your images on them.
See my Super-8 Filmmaking Supplies & Services page at http://www.dibbs.net/~brantley/s8serv.htm for a list of labs and places to buy film. I give Kodak's toll-free order number and current prices, too.
Happy shooting!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks